We are raising the bar for our library readers to build knowledge, gain awareness, explore possibilities and expand their viewpoints through our content rich non-fiction books.
These words are placed at the beginning of each chapter, along with definitions. As the words appear throughout the chapter text, they are highlighted so the reader is able to reference back to the definition.
Sidebars are used throughout; these are wide ranging, highlighting context rich material to build knowledge, broaden perspectives for the readers, and are a great break from the text to offer up key details beyond the main flowing text.
Questions are placed at the end of each chapter to challenge the reader's comprehension of the chapter they just read, while sending them back for more careful attention to the evidence they were presented.
Research projects are placed at the end of each chapter, providing suggestions for projects that encourage deeper analysis.
This back-of-the book glossary contains terminology used throughout an entire series or subject. The glossary broadens the reader's knowledge and understanding of terms used in a field.
Educational videos allow the student to scan QR codes with a smart device, taking them to educational videos which supplement the text. Examples of these include great moments in sports, iconic speeches, and news coverage of historical events.
Mexico: Leading the Southern Hemisphere
* This series provides an overview of Mexico's history, geography, social issues, culture, statistical facts, art and architecture, sports, government, agriculture, economy, foods, and notable individuals.
* Numerous photographs and illustrations reinforce the textual information.
* Text-dependent comprehension questions and thought-provoking research questions inserted within chapters encourage further inquiry.
* These books could familiarize students with basic research strategies by guiding them to narrow their topic to a specific aspect of Mexico.
* The quality of information covered in each volume varies due to there being different authors.
Mason Crest began in 2003 with a goal to become known as the leading line of non-fiction, young adult, school and library books covering a variety of socially responsible, high-interest, and forward-thinking topics. Annually we publish over 200 new titles for Middle and High School students. We are Publishing What Matters in areas such as Global Studies, Math, Science, Careers, Finance, Country Studies, American Studies, Drugs, Family, Health, Nutrition, Fitness, Contemporary Issues, and Biographies. With each series we create, we obtain senior consultants, editors and proficient authors. They key to our content is not just research, but that we have people involved from the start who have devoted their careers to the subjects we are publishing books on. We take great pride in our work and would appreciate hearing from you.
All the very best,
The Mason Crest Team